The Oak Leaf

Collegiate athletes earn TCIS, VISAA honors

Josh Reed, Staff Writer

The Tidewater Conference of Independent Schools honors students for their athletic successes. Athletes are named to first or second team.
These honors represent dedicated practice and the competitive spirit. Collegiate students honored are listed below, as noted by Athletic Director, Mr. Jon Hall.
Sailing
Ellie Maus ’18 was named Sailor of the Year, and TCIS honors were also bestowed upon Parker Purrington ’19, Matt Wright ’19 and Sarah E. Smith ’18.
Tennis
Junior Gabrielle Toomy was named to VISAA Division II first team and TCIS first team for her play at No. 1 singles. Senior Brooke Walthall was also named to second team in the state. Eighth grader Julianna Selig was named to the TCIS second team at singles, and Brooke Walthall ’18 and Gabrielle Toomy ’19 were honored as TCIS second team picks in doubles.
Soccer
Varsity soccer completed their season with junior Austin Fattizzi being recognized as a first Team TCIS pick with second team honors awarded to sophomores Jackson Arnold and Abe Musselmani.
Field Hockey
Senior Cecilia Kelly was named first team TCIS and junior Molly Beegle earned second team honors.
Cross Country
Seniors Maddie Foster and Chandler Branton earned first team distinction and sophomore AJ Davis was named to the second team.